Finally OnePlus 5 released and it’s good that you have it. So what to do next with Oneplus 5?
Expand the capabilities (control of installing or uninstalling any apps and stop any apps that you don’t want to run) and make it more powerful.
Well, for that do the below things:
Click any of the above link to jump directly on that section.
In today’s post we are going to show you the fast way to root OnePlus 5 step by step:
Warning Before Rooting OnePlus 5
- Follow all steps correctly otherwise you will end up with a bricked phone.
- If your phone bricked by somehow we are not responsible for any damage to your phone. Process at your own risk.
Some Important Keys before starting to root.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50-60% charged to prevent the accidental shutdown in-between the process.
- It will erase all your of mobile’s internal storage data, so we advise you first to take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
Files Needs to Download
For unlocking, flashing TWRP and root the device, we need some files. That will help us to complete this process.
For Unlocking the bootloader
- Download ADB and fastboot driver for windows (install it in your PC)
- TWRP Recovery
- Stock Recovery
- latest no-verity-opt-encrypt zip
Copy the above SuperSu and no-verity-opt-encrypt file in your phone after unlocking bootloader or place it on USB OTG storage.
#1 Unlock OnePlus 5 Bootloader
Why we Unlock Bootloader
To get the permission for opening internal memory of the device to be written and allow the access to flash images onto the main partitions of your phone:
We need to unlock bootloader.
How to Unlock Bootloader
The first thing is to turn off your phone. Then boot it into fasboot mode by holding volume up + power…
…or select reboot to bootloader, if advanced reboot is activated in developer options.
Connect your phone with PC via USB cable and open ADB tool’s command prompt by following below steps:
Run ADB command window.
- Go to installation directory ( C Drive) open ADB folder or go the folder where you have extracted the Fastboot ADB zip.
- Open the command window there by pressing and hold the ‘shift’ key then right-clicked anywhere in that folder.
- Click to Open command window here.
Type the following command to know if your devices detected to your PC or not:
If it detects, it will show you some serial numbers and that’s mean it detected properly or else try to connect properly your USB.
If everythings working, lets unlock bootloader by flashing with fastboot.
Note: Again remember this step will WIPE EVERYTHING off the phone so Backup all your Data.
fastboot oem unlock
After typing above command you will get the warning message on your OnePlus 5 screen…You would be greeted with
…Just hit the volume button to select Yes and turn it blue then press power button to excute the selection.
Your device will reboot, show you a Secure boot warning, reboot into stock recovery and wipe all data.
Once done, your phone will reboot into the OS. Just wait until your phone complete booting.
The next step to install Custom Recovery.
#2 Flash TWRP Recovery on OnePlus 5
Place the TWRP recovery file into your ADB Fastboot folder that you will get in C Drive.
Enable USB Debugging & OEM Unlocking.
- Go to Setting > Developer option > USB Debugging tap to enable and to enable OEM Unlocking tap to OEM Unlocking.
- If you are not be able to see Developer Options in setting you need to enable it first.
- to enable developer option go to Setting > About Phone > Tap to Build Number 7-8 Times.
Enable Advanced Reboot:
- Go to Settings > Developer options. Then enable the ‘Advanced Reboot‘ option.
Then boot it into fastboot/bootloader mode by holding volume up + power or selecting the reboot to bootloader via advanced reboot options.
Rename the recovery file that you downloaded above to recovery.img. (Make sure that you rename it to recovery.img NOT recovery.img.img)…
… and place the file in the ADB folder which is located in C Drive.
Open a new command prompt in the same location and type the following commands:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Once the recovery flash done, disconnect USB cable and press Power + Volume Down button to open TWRP recovery mode in your smartphone.
See next step to root your phone.
#3 Root OnePlus 5
Make sure you copied the SuperSu.zip file in your internal storage or OTG usb storage.
IBoot into TWRP recovery mode by holding Volume UP + Power button, if you haven’t..
….Go to install section by tapping to install button.
Find the SuperSu.zip file then select it.
Swipe to right side and flash the SuperSu file.
Hope guys you have successfully rooted, installed TWRP and unlocked Bootloader of your OnePlus smartphone.
If you guys have any questions to ask or have anything to say about this guide, please let us know in comment box.
Also share this post, if it helped you.